We all know that the dreaded RDO season is coming up. For those of you who are unfamiliar, RDO stands for Resident Foreign Currency Deposit Officer, and is the process by which taxpayers declare their foreign currency holdings to the Philippine government. If you’re like most people, doing your RDO can be a daunting task. But don’t worry – with the help of BIR Form 1905, it’s easy to transfer your RDO quickly and easily! So read on for instructions on how to use this form.Trust us – with Form 1905, transferring your RDO is a breeze!
What is BIR Form 1905?
The Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) Form 1905 is used to register a new taxpayer or update the registration information of an existing taxpayer. This includes changes like business, registered address, contact details, and authorized representative, among others.
The BIR Form 1905 is the form that taxpayers use to request the BIR to update, correct, or change their registration information, including any of the following:
- Registered address (transfer within the same RDO or to another RDO)
- Registered name/trade name
- Civil status (from single to married or vice versa)
- Accounting period (applies to corporate taxpayers only)
- Registered activity/line of business
- Facility type/details
- Incentive details/registration
- Tax type details
- Contact information type (landline number/mobile number/fax number/email address)
- Contact person/Authorized representative
- Name of stockholders/members/partners
This BIR tax form is also filed each time taxpayers need to replace or cancel any of the following documents:
- Certificate of Registration (BIR Form 2303)
- Authority to Print (ATP) Receipts/Invoices
- Tax Clearance Certificate of Liabilities (TCL1)
- Tax Clearance Certificate for Transfer of Property/ies (TCL2)/ Certificate Authorizing Registration (CAR)
- TIN card
How to fill out BIR Form 1905?
You’ll need the following information when filling out BIR Form 1905:
- Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)
- RDO code
- Registration date
- Line of business or occupation
- Tax type
- Mode of payment
- Authorized representative (if any)
- Contact person
After you have all the required information, you can start filling out the form. Double-check all the information you’ve inputted before sending it off to the BIR.
And that’s it! You’ve successfully transferred your RDO using BIR Form 1905. Remember, as your boss, and it’s now your responsibility to make sure that all your affairs with the BIR are in order. Stay on top of things, and you’ll be fine!
Who can file 1905?
Whether natural or juridical, any person required to register with the BIR as a taxpayer shall file this form.
What are the requirements when filing 1905 online?
The following are the requirements when filing BIR Form 1905 online:
- A valid TIN
- RDO Code where the registration will be filed
- Registration date
- Line of business or occupation
- Tax type to be registered
- Mode of payment (Cash/Check/ATM)
- Authorized representative, if any (for Non-Individual taxpayers only)
- Contact person (for Non-Individual taxpayers only)
What are the steps on how to file BIR Form 1905 online?
The following are the steps on how to file BIR Form 1905 online:
- Go to the eBIRForms website.
- Look for BIR Form No. 1905 under the REGISTRATION FORMS section.
- Select the form you will use: Excel or PDF.
- Fill out the form completely and accurately. Make sure that all required fields are filled up.
- Once done, click on the SUBMIT button to proceed to the next page.
- Check the box to agree on the declaration stated at the bottom of the page, then click on CONFIRM button.
- For Excel users: An XML File Details page will appear. It contains the encoded data of your BIR Form 1905. The system will automatically generate the Hash Code, and you are required to save this file. You may now click on the NEXT button to proceed to the next page.
- For PDF users: A PDF File Details page will appear containing a summary of the data you entered in the form. Review your entries, then click on CREATE PDF FILE.
- The next page would be the Upload Document page, where you will be asked to upload certain supporting documents depending on what type of taxpayer you are registering.
- After uploading all the required documents, click on VALIDATE FORM, then SUBMIT FORM.
- It will generate an Online Payment Reference Number (OPRN). When you pay the required fees at any authorized collecting bank, you will need this number.
- Proceed to any authorized collecting bank and pay the necessary fees using the OPRN. Keep the official receipt as proof of payment.
- After payment, go back to the eBIRForms website, then click on the VIEW FORM button.
- Enter your TIN, RDO Code, and OPRN, then click on VIEW FORM DETAILS button.
- A PDF copy of your BIR Form 1905 with an embossed seal will appear on the screen. Print 4 copies of this form and proceed to your RDO for stamping.
- Submit the stamped BIR Form 1905 to your RDO.
I hope this article helped you with how to file BIR Form 1905 online. If you have any questions, please post them in the comments section below.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Download the BIR Form 1905. You can get it from the BIR website or any accredited printing company.
- Fill out the form. Ensure all the required information, such as your name, TIN, registered address, and contact details.
- Submit the form to the BIR office with jurisdiction over your old RDO. You will need to surrender your Certificate of Registration (COR) and your Official Receipt (OR).
- Once the transfer is processed, you will be issued a new COR and OR under your new RDO. Keep these documents safe – you will need them for transactions with the BIR in the future.
And that’s it! You’re now officially registered under your new RDO. Wasn’t that easy?
Transferring your RDO is a simple process that can be done by following the steps outlined above. Once you have your new Certificate Of Registration and Official Receipts, you will be officially registered under your new RDO.
Recommended: How To Register Your Business in the Philippines