Online shopping especially with the Shopee app has become a convenience beyond the pandemic years and you want to learn how to use ShopeePay. The fact that you can just shop from your phone, place the order, and wait for the order to arrive at your doorstep has given convenience a whole new meaning. However, the majority of online shoppers still use the POD (Payment on Delivery) method, resulting in customers or couriers scrambling to provide the exact amount or change.
There is no doubt that online stores, e-commerce sites, and online payments are here to stay. However, many online shoppers are still wary to use digital payment methods. This is prevalent even with users of the Shopee app who are aware of the reloadable e-wallet function but still don’t know how to use ShopeePay.
It is Shopee’s mobile wallet that can quickly and conveniently pay for all Shopee purchases without the need for PODs. Knowing how to use ShopeePay will prove useful not only for ordinary purchases but during large double-double and payday sales.
What is ShopeePay?
As a mobile wallet, it is regulated by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP). It allows users to make cashless payments for any kind of Shopee purchase. Aside from this, it has other useful features for both shoppers and sellers.
It allows the user to store money through top-ups or refunds. This can be used to pay for your next Shopee purchases and even use it to pay for offline deals. Other ShopeePay benefits include:
- Convenient shopping – It allows users to have more seamless shopping experiences for online shopping.
- Online security features – Sets up a passcode to lock the mobile wallet or the option to use biometrics to access and verify purchases.
- Withdraw money – You can use ShopeePay to withdraw money from your mobile wallet by linking to your bank account.
- Transfer money – You can transfer money to other ShopeePay wallets or make fund transfers to other bank accounts or e-wallets.
- Pay bills – You can pay bills with the handy “pay bill” feature.
- Buy load and data – You can load up for your phone or data conveniently.
- Payments at physical stores – The ShopeePay partner merchant’s QR code can be scanned to pay for offline purchases.
- Access exclusive promos and vouchers – ShopeePay can be used for online shopping sprees like big discounts, cashback, and free shipping vouchers.
ShopeePay is Not Shopee Wallet
It is completely different from Shopee Wallet. In addition, it is an upgraded version of the wallet version, and has a ShopeePay top-up feature. Refunds are now credited only to ShopeePay and have a separate Seller Balance section so sellers can track and manage their proceeds.
How to Activate ShopeePay
To learn how to use ShopeePay, you need to first know how to set up and how to activate ShopeePay.
1. Go to the Shopee dashboard and tap “Me” in the bottom right corner.
2. Tap Shopee Pay and then tap “Set Up ShopeePay” on the next screen.
3. Type in all required details and tap Confirm.
4. Create a six-digit passcode.
5. Confirm if you want to use your fingerprint or face ID to access it.
6. When finished, you will be directed to the ShopeePay dashboard.
Verifying Your ShopeePay Account
For your ShopeePay top-up, cash transfers, and withdrawals, follow these steps to verify the account.
1. Go to the Shopee dashboard and tap the gear icon in the upper right corner.
2. Tap “Identify Verification” on the next screen.
3. Type in all necessary information and attach a photo of a valid ID and a photo of you holding a valid ID.
4. Check the Terms and Conditions before submitting all requirements.
5. Wait for Shopee to verify the account.
How to Use ShopeePay
Funding your Shopee account and choosing payment options
When funding your Shopee account, there are various ways to top up from many options except PayPal.
1. Go to the Shopee dashboard and tap “Cash In.”
2. Select the preferred payment option (See below).
3. Choose an amount or enter the amount you want to top up.
4. Tap “Pay Now” to receive further instructions.
5. After paying the top-up amount, check your new balance
- GCash – 1% admin fee
- Coins.ph – 1% admin fee
Online banking –
- BPI Online
- Unionbank Online
- RCBC Online Banking – P5 additional charge
- Metrobank Direct
- Landbank ATM Online – P10 additional charge
- PNB Online
- Robinsons Bank Online
- UCPB Connect
- Chinabank Online – P15 additional charge
- Bank of Commerce – P10 additional charge
Payment Centers –
- 7-Eleven CLiQQ
- M Lhuillier (with additional charges)
- Cebuana Lhuillier
- Palawan Pawnshop (maximum of P20,000)
- RD Pawnshop (maximum of ₱20,000)
- SM Bills Payment
- Robinson’s Department Store
- ECPay Kiosks
Over-the-Counter (OTC) –
- BDO – P25 charge
- BPI – P100 charge
- Metrobank – P50 charge
- Chinabank – P50 charge
- Robinsons Bank
- Landbank – P50 charge
- Security Bank – P50 charge
- UCPB – P25 charge
Paying for orders
1. Always set ShopeePay as the default payment method. From the checkout screen, tap “Payment Option.”
2. Choose ShopeePay as the preferred payment and tap “Confirm.”
3. After placing the order, the amount will be deducted from the current balance.
Transferring money to other users
Since you have verified your account and account number in ShopeePay, you can transfer money to other ShopeePay users. This is useful for families who are all using ShopeePay.
1. Go to the ShopeePay dashboard and tap “Send Money.”
2. You can use the recipient’s QR code, e-wallet, bank account, Shopee username, or registered phone number.
3. Type in all details and the amount to transfer.
4. Enter your ShopeePay PIN to verify the transfer.
5. Check the new balance.
Now that you have learned how to use ShopeePay and its features, you can easily withdraw money from your verified bank account using the e-wallet.
1. Go to the ShopeePay dashboard and tap “Bank Transfer.”
2. Type in the correct bank account details and tap “Next.”
3. Type in the bank transfer amount and tap “Next.”
4. Confirm all the details and tap “Send Money Now.” Next, enter your ShopeePay PIN.
5. Wait for the confirmation and then check your ShopeePay balance and bank account balance.
Shopping has become increasingly cashless and convenient in recent years, and it is at the forefront of this evolution. Whether you need to pay for groceries in a store or buy something online, it makes it easy to manage your payments—simply set up an account and start using it like a pro. With its secure payment system and comprehensive features, you can make transactions with ease, giving yourself more time to enjoy the great deals you find with it. So what are you waiting for? Sign up for ShopeePay today and start shopping smarter!